Friday, May 4, 2007

What is behind the meaning of working virtually ?

As a (new) VA my understanding of providing services "virtually" is, that I work from my own home office, use the latest technology to provide administrative services as well as to communicate with my clients.

By now we know it's not really necessary to sit in an office to provide administrative (and much more) services but it can be and is being done by simply using your PC, high-speed internet access and programs which are now offered in the virtual world ...No don't get me wrong being a VA means a little more than just owning a computer and having access to the internet and a phone line for your business but that's not what I am trying to get at -THIS TIME :)

What I am trying to get at is, that I had quite a few requests of prospective clients for my services BUT for some funny reason they opted out and did chose a VA in their area. Just recently, I had a request from one person to explain more about MY services and my prices BUT in the same line asking for recommendations for a VA in his area. Yes, I pointed him in the right direction (VACOC of which I am a proud member btw...) BUT what I really do not get is, that many people seem to look for a VA but actually prefer a VA close by. WHY???

As far as I know we are all working virtually so why people are so adamant to have THEIR VA in their area?As I am absolutely clueless about that I decided to ask that question to our dear beloved "Gritty VA" http://www.grittyva.com/ and I got the reply today , that I will get my answer next week - Thank YOU dear Gritty :)

If you are as curious as I am - check out her blog next week Wednesday !

No comments: