Thursday, May 3, 2007

Well, it looks like it's about time

I learn about blogging ...So bear with me while I am learning :)

Funny how you always think you know alot and then all of a sudden you realize there is another complete different world out there...

I remember when I was 23, I was working with a well known express company and all we used to prepare import declaration with our pen's by hand and for the AWB's we used simple typewriters- yes, some of them where even electrical ..LOL

Computer's were practically unheard of - and no I am NOT that old - until one day when my Boss decided we will get computers - I can't even believe that I tried to talk him out of it. While my nephews grew up with them, they were still a book with seven seals for me . So the day came and there he was : our first computer in the office and I felt like an idiot seeing that I hardly knew how to control the mouse... Anyone else here remember those days ??

Of course now I can't imagine a life without my dear beloved PC but back then I wasn't that thrilled until after I realized what a time saver this "thing" was.

Eventually I found and explored the internet and later on various foren , which I thought a really great opportunity and now everyone talks about blogs and blogging- another book with alot of seals for me ....I honestly dragged my feet and decided to give me more time to look into it- but then I thought what the heck ! Let me try that...and while I am typing here, I realize I am having fun and I do enjoy it

So be it ..The next blogger is born :) Virtual world , here I come ...

2 comments:

Borice said...

It is quite interesting when you never stop learning. I think sometimes you achieve more when you are in your late 20's or 30's, than you do when you are actually in school. I kept going to schoold throughout the years. First got my Associate right after school. But since I had to go to work to support muyself, I did not go after what I wanted. Many years later, after my little sister became an attorney, I decided to go back to school to learn law. Worked during the day, and school at night. Communiting with trains and buses. Then after law, I again waited somewhat, then went back for C+ Programming. And to tell you the truth, I wasn't a good student during my regular school years. It was after HS that, I guess, my brain walked up. (lol). So don't ever stop learning.

Sunny Days said...

Great story Airman..and I can certainly relay to the : I wasn't a good Student during school years comment ..LOL BUT I certainly enjoyed to learn and absorb everything afterwards ..and it never stops ..Especially now seeing that I started my own company and work as a Virtual Assistent ..It can overwhelm you at the beginning when you see and think what others all know ...But then I just remind myself : Everyone just boils with water and I can do everything I put my mind through !

And thanks for your comment :)