This ultimate guide to productivity meme was started by Ben Yoskovitz at Instigator Blog followed by Vickie Turley of A Balanced Alternative. Now my fellow VA friend, Karen Del’Marmol of KDM Business Support tagged me and Tracey Lawton - I guess it's my time to explain how I stay productive ...
For me, it's important to have an outline on what I intend to accomplish each day.
The outline will be drawn out the minute I wake up and includes all tasks for the current day, starting with my work schedule ending with some time for myself:)
After I had my coffee, took our dog for a walk and went through my e-mails, I start with the work I need time and concentration for. I prefer to do the time consuming and tedious tasks early in the morning, seeing that this is my personal most productive time of the day. If those tasks are accomplished, I am happy and deal with everything else which comes along.
And I follow one trait I claim on my German upbringing : If there is a task I can do today I will not postpone it :)
And just for the books - most times my outline works out perfect :)
Now it's my turn to tag someone...and the lucky winner's are : Victoria Miles of VA Argentina and Christina Haas of Zenith Business Solution.
Now, here are the rules of this project from Ben’s Instigator Blog forwarded to me by Karen Del'Marmol:
1. Write a post on your best productivity tips. Challenge yourself by picking your single best productivity tip (although this isn’t a requirement; you can give us more if you want).
2. Include links to other people that have written posts, or include their tips in your post with proper attribution.
Note: I’m not asking that you link to everyone in the group writing project meme; pick the ones you want to connect with. You certainly can link to everyone, but it’s not a requirement. I like leaving more decision making power in your hands so this isn’t just a link grab, but you’re thinking about what your audience & community wants to read about.
A link back to this post is appreciated though, to help spread the word!
3. If you use Technorati Tags then tag your post “ultimate guide to productivity”.
4. Tag others in your post to spread the meme. Tag as many people as you like!
5. If you link back to Instigator Blog and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I’ll make sure to include at least 2 links back to you. But this isn’t a requirement, it just helps me keep track of what’s going on.