Friday, May 25, 2007

On a different note -About saying “Good Bye”….for good

Tonight I got the message that a friend of ours died yesterday after fighting cancer for almost two years. Our friend was only 47 – a loving Husband and father of three; the youngest is only six years old!

Two years ago, I met my mother in law the first time on the funeral of her Husband! Just four weeks ago I had to say “Good-Bye” to my father during my visit in Germany, which took me completely by surprise and the current news brought all the sorrow ,which was quietly bottled up, to the surface again…..

Its funny how you always think people live forever –especially your parents and friends and sometimes they are gone before you were able to say what you had to say.

Please remember, no one lives forever and if you care about someone – let him or her know TODAY!!! Tomorrow might be too late.

And if you feel like it, you can always light a candle for your loved once – alive or dead on my favorite site, Gratefulness….

It gives me peace and hopefully it does the same for you!

No comments: