Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Graduate-Level Course for Assistants , Virtual Assistants & Interns

And why I say: Thanks, but no thanks!

I admit, I am not perfect and certainly not somebody who knows it all but reading the newest “training” program designed to “help” the VA industry just get’s my blood boiling…

There is no need for “my” client to send me to a course to help him write better press releases or to write a media kit for him BECAUSE that’s not what I offer in the first place. Would I be interested in offering such a service I certainly would not chose a course, which consists of a total of five (5) days training course, featuring 10 hours of live training. It took me years to perfect the knowledge I have now – how can someone in his or her right mind believe that they can learn enough to be a "Lean, Mean Publicity Machine " in just five days ???

Don’t get me wrong, I am all about learning and educating myself,which is a lifelong process, but I know where my strengths and limits are as well as I do know that courses such like the offered one by a well known publicity ‘expert’ is nothing but another way of making big bucks in a quick way. And no, I am not talking about you making money :)

If you ara a VA in the making and you come across any of those courses, think long and hard before you spend your hard earned money !

If you are business owner and you are looking for somebody who knows what they are doing without sending them to "courses" because all of the Ladies presented there are experts in their field simply visit VACOC

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Silvia!

I couldn't remember if I had ever been on your blog until I saw the pic! Love it!

Yup - if I didn't know better I'd think I was a flunkee or something!

Training! I'm up to my eyeballs in it - all stuff that *I've* chosen.

Sunny Days said...

Thanks Joy ! And I know what you mean about the stuff you have chosen - I wish I would be less interested in "stuff" :)